Fairchem Guiding Principles
- We expect to compound our mark-to-market book value per share over the long term by 15% annually by running Fairfax and its subsidiaries for the long term benefit of customers, employees and shareholders - at the expense of short term profits if necessary.
- Our focus is long term growth in book value per share and not quarterly earnings. We plan to grow through internal means as well as through friendly acquisitions.
- We always want to be soundly financed.
- We provide complete disclosure annually to our shareholders.
- Our company is adequately manned with positioning of right person for right job. The opertions are being carried out under the leadership and guidance of the Managing Director.
- Fairfax now holds majority equity in the company and will contribute to involve itlselt in major policy decisions. It will, however not involve itself in day to day operations.
- Honesty and integrity are essential in all our relationships and will never be compromised.
- We are results oriented - not political.
- We are team players – no "egos". A confrontational style is not appropriate. We value loyalty - to Fairfax and our colleagues.
- We are hard working but not at the expense of our families.
- We always look at opportunities but emphasize downside protection and look for ways to minimize loss of capital.
- We are entrepreneurial. We encourage calculated risk taking. It is all right to fail but we should learn from our mistakes.
- We will never bet the company on any project or acquisition.
- We believe in having fun - at work!